Calderara di Reno
Church of S. Michele Arcangelo in Longara
The church separated by the Reno river
Longara, a territory once called Policino a sera, rises on the left of the Reno river: its church dedicated to S. Michael is attested since the 13th century, and, for whose coming from Bologna, was accessible only by boat. In the 13th century there was a free patronage to the parishioners, and until 1670 it was part of the Porta Stiera district of Bologna, to pass then under Paleotti Cardinal under Corticella.